counter

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome To America!!!


This has been a huge weekend for our family. We are hosting a foreign exchange student from Germany. Danny and I both have always thought that the program was very interesting. But never would have dreamed that we would be able to be a host family.
Lisa arrived Thursday night around 9:37pm. She had been traveling for 26 hours. We were all so very nervous, but very excited to meet each other.
When she arrived, I walked up and gave her a big hug, and the poor thing is so tiny, that it was like a whale swallowing a guppy!!! (oh come on, you know that was funny! You are reading a blog from the funny fluffy fat chick ya know!) We brought her home, and our journey has begun.
I don't think we could have matched ourselves with a more perfect student.
Candi and Lisa have just became like two peas in a pod. We went shopping today at the mall, and they were even buying coordinating clothes, and matching shoes. They are both in heaven. Lisa doesn't have any brothers or sisters, and has always wanted some. Candi has never had a sister, and is loving every minute of having Lisa here.
Even though we have just met, I feel like she is already a part of our family. I am looking forward to a very exciting year getting to know her and all about her country.
I have my friend Charlene to thank for this oppurtunity to host a student. She is the coordinator of this area. Without her, I would not have even known where to begin to host a student. Thanks Char!!

No comments:

Post a Comment