counter

Monday, July 19, 2010

I did it! All in the name of love!


Have you ever did something that you were totally petrified to do, but you did it anyway? For someone you love?

I did! I am absolutely petrified of heights! So where did I go being absolutely petrified of heights???? Why yes, I went to the top of Pikes Peak!! For those wondering, it is 14,110 ft in the air!!!!!!!! Why, you ask..... because I love my husband. I did not do it for me at all. It was totally for him. We just arrived back from Colorado, where Danny wanted to go to the top of Pikes Peak. We have both been there when we were little, but neither of our parents ever went to the top. It costs money ya know. So Danny gets this wild hair that he decides that it is on his "bucket list" now. So here we go. First we were going to drive up to the top. I was nervous as all get out. But then we decided to take the Cog Railway.

Was I still nervous?? Seriously, you have to ask yourself that question???? YES, I WAS NERVOUS!!!!!

I had stressed out all week long over this one day of our vacation. We arrived early for the train, and I set there and watched people get on and off the train. Everyone seemed fine. But me, NO! I had to take 2 xanax before it was all over, and had tears streaming down my face. But all in the name of love.

We make the trip up, which was 1 hr and 20 minutes up the mountain. At times, it was a 25% grade uphill. For those of you who don't know, that is STEEP!!! Got to the top, couldn't breath, but still trekked on. Stayed at the top for 40 minutes, then back down the mountain we go. I was never so glad to see the bottom of that mountain in my life. Danny turned to me and said "see, it wasn't that bad, was it?" I just looked and told him, "you want me to say that I liked it, but I am not going to, because I didn't!!" "I did it just for you, and hope you remember that."


So now, I can say that even though I had to take xanax, and cry like a big baby... I DID IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jan!! I'll be checking in, because you ARE one of the funniest people I know! :) Looking forward to reading!
    Ammy

    ReplyDelete